Sunday, November 3, 2013

Etc.

I've been feeling like writing a post for a couple weeks now.  The problem is that I honestly have no idea what I want to write about.  Usually, I'll be mulling over something in my mind for a few days...or even a week...and then write a post.  This time, I just want to write, but have no idea what about. 

A lot has been changing in my life lately.  It's definitely in a place of incredible flux...but there's no one focus to it.  Just day-to-day boring things that I wouldn't want to read about, so why should you?  








After a bit of thought, I decided to write about all the boring bits anyway.  If you want to know the tiny insignificant things that have made up my life for the past couple of months, by all means read on.  If not, don't worry.  No hard feelings!  See you again in another, slightly more cohesive post.


  • After 5 years of being a one-car family, Scott and I finally bit the bullet and bought a second car!  That means that I can actually GO places during the day with the children!  The freedom is both amazing and exhausting, but the positives vastly outweigh the negatives. 
  • After...7-8...ish...years of avoiding church and, quite honestly, God in general, Scott & I inadvertently started attending one regularly.  I am finally facing my ambivalence and working through issues I've had about it all for some time.  
    • Funny side story:  When I say 'inadvertently', I really do mean that we weren't planning on starting to go to church any time soon.  Scott, the kids and I were taking one of our regular weekend walks on Main Street in Concord.  Usually, we walked on Saturdays but for some reason, we decided to walk on a Sunday morning.  While leaving the parking garage, we were 'welcomed' to the church that we didn't realize we were passing.  After realizing what had happened (a few blocks down the street), we decided to check them out the next week and have been going ever since.
  • It's cold. And dark. And our furnace broke.  So it's really cold.  But not really...because we have a pellet stove.  But still. Grrrr. 
    • Though, as noted in the first bullet - I have a car during the day now, so we can escape the cold and go to warm places (like stores!)
  • The darkness and the cold have been affecting my workout/eating habits.  Both in negative ways (less working out, more eating crap), so I've been getting down about that.  I'm trying my hardest not to wallow in self-pity and just suck it up and do what I know I need to, but that's a hard habit for me to break. 
  • My children are driving me insane.  But they're cute.  And I love them unconditionally.  That works in their favor. 
  • I am about to become an aunt three times over in the next two months! My brother and his wife are expecting their daughter any day now and two of Scott's sisters are expecting in mid-December! 
  • I am rediscovering my love for British comedy...and the subsequent time being eaten up by watching YouTube videos is not helping my exercise habits!
I think that's about it for now.  I'll try to come up with something cohesive next time.  For those of you who humored me, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment